Customize your Android status bar with Omega StatusBar
If you have used more than one version of Android, you have seen changes in the status bar from time to time. It’s a handy source of information, but there’s no reason not to modify it to provide exactly what you want. Omega StatusBar is a highly customizable app that lets you set up cool themes and a few more notifications than the standard status bar. This is how it works:
- Install Omega StatusBar here.
- Run the app.
- Make sure the first thing you do is tap Accessibility. This takes you to your settings and you need to tap on “Omega StatusBar” so it says On. This gives the app the power it needs to take care of business.
- Return to the app and tap Disabled at the top, switching it to Enabled.
- If you want the app to load every time you start your device, be sure to select Start on startup.
- Scroll through the content list to add, edit, or remove notifications.
- Select Popups at the top to add apps that will never appear in the status bar. If you have an app or two that you like, except for its bad habit of cluttering the bar, add them here.
- Select Themes at the top to change the look of your status bar and get new themes from the Play Store, if you like. The free version comes with only one, but there are several free themes in the play store, including an iPhone theme.
That’s it! You might want to keep tweaking as you see the power of Omega, and the developers promise more options to come.
Here are more ways to customize your notification area and other Android features:
Thanks to Addictive tips for the link!